History

history of panaderia pantojaIn 1950, the couple Aurelio and Celinda Pantoja arrived for the first time in their inherited house in Barangay IV, Tanauan City, Batangas and found out a worn out oven in the backyard. The oven inspired Aurelio to start a bakery business.

With a capital of Php 50, 000, Aurelio rehabilitated the oven and hired few bakers from neighboring towns in Batangas. During that time, there were no mechanical equipment such as mixers, rounders, dough rollers and slicers. All were hand made. Tasty breads were cut manually using bread knives. Aurelio performed multiple jobs from purchaser, delivery man and production manager while Celinda handled the day-to-day operations of the bakery.

Back then, Tanauan City has only two bakeries, Panaderia Pantoja and Almeda Bakery. The couple relied only in the “word of mouth” to market their products in town such as pandesal, jacobina and paborita. These limitations however do not hinder the Pantoja’s from fulfilling their dreams.

In 1970, when their son Arturo took over the business, he started mechanizing the operations and hired more people. By the time new bakeries emerged in town, Panaderia Pantoja was no longer affected since it has already established its name and had earned credits from its loyal customer.

Sometime in November 2004, Panaderia Pantoja, Inc. opened its Pantoja Biscuit Factory located in Mt. View Subd., Brgy.3, Tanauan City where its delectable and traditional biscuits like Paborita and Jacobina are made.

Today, Panaderia Pantoja has grown into a corporation with Arturo Pantoja as the President/CEO and his son Arthur Anthony Pantoja as VP for Operations. Panaderia Pantoja is now one of the province’s largest bakeries with franchisees and branches in different towns in Batangas and Manila.